Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Roasted Acorn Squash

This time of year is time for root veggies and squash. I love any squash, they are the ringing in of the season for me. I enjoy these particular beauties with brown sugar and butter and a little rosemary too! Then I sat back and enjoyed them in front of the window, while I watched the rain. Afterwards I roasted the seeds with salt and canola oil, they were the bomb!

Ingredients:
1 acorn squash cut in halves
1tsp canola oil
2TBSP brown sugar
1TBSP softened butter
pinch sea salt
sprig fresh rosemary (chopped)
pinch cinnamon
pinch nutmeg


Method:
Place squash on small parchment lined cookie sheet.  Rub green skin with canola oil. Mix together the rest of ingredients and rub all over the edges and inside of the flesh of the squash. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until they are soft when a knife is inserted into the flesh. Let sit for 10 minutes before you indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment