Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pinapple Up-Side-Down Cake

Well, I was making a ham Sunday and I was thinking about what would be good for dessert. I have a very good friend coming for dinner and they have a real sweet tooth. I was at the market and came across some yummy looking fresh pineapples.  I usually will grill some pineapple with my ham, but this time I think it will be the star of dessert instead. Sooooo... I am making this delicious and light ,but still sweet enough, Pineapple upside down cake. Mmmmmm!

Ingredients:

Cake:
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
4 TBSP butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Carmel:
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 TBSP butter
pineapple slices

1.In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, sugar, salt,and baking powder.
2.Combine egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla in smaller bowl.
3.Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
4.In a small sauce pan, melt the other 4 TBSP butter and add brown sugar until combined well, one minute or so.
5.Grease a round 9" cake pan and add carmel sauce an d spread evenly .
6.Add the pineapple slices which ever design you prefer(keep in one layer only) , and pour batter ontop evenly.
7.Bake in center of oven for 30-35 minutes or until springs back when touched.
8.Remove from oven and carefully flip cake upside down onto serving plate.
Serve with some vanilla ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment