Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Barbecue sauce

I make a lot of food with barbecue sauce involved and I am not partial to all of the garbage that you get in the products at the grocery store, not to mention the prices!  This is a recipe that I have been trying to get just right for a long time now. I don't have to kill anyone for giving this recipe to you all, because it is really so very good that I am willing to share it with my friends. Chicken, brisket, chops, hamburgers, seafood anything really.  I add it to my homemade baked beans too. I hope you give it a try and it becomes your favorite BBQ sauce too!

Ingredients:

2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 tablespoons light brown sugar
5 to 6 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 drops liquid smoke

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.  Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer.  Cook uncovered for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment